Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Master Bedroom Reveal

It's done!  I crossed off the last few items and even though there are one or two lingering ideas in my head, I had to stop because it's May 1st and we haven't even started on William's room.  



Inspiration Room
Before we even started this project I searched and searched for an inspiration room.  I wanted something to get me going.  Once I got my sea legs I moved further and further away from this room, but there are still some similarities.
*Wall color - Sherwin Williams Rainwashed
*Nailhead Headboard
*Decorative bed pillows


This is the view from the hallway and probably the best picture to show the paint color.  I just can't seem to capture the real color in my photographs. But you can compare this picture to the inspiration room.


The chandelier was a must have for the room and we picked it up at Lowe's for under $150.  I love the bit of glam it brings to the space.  


I originally thought plain white curtains were what I wanted, but they were just to boring.  During one of my late night blog reading sessions, I found these!  She had the same Ikea curtains that I had purchased.  I showed the link to my mom and using our leftover fabric, created these!  Slightly different and love the finished look my mom created.


 The spot under the gallery wall became a major obsession.  It's very tight between the wall and the nightstand and every time we tried a dresser, it just seemed too compact.


We had these leather ottomans in the play room that were really just taking up space, so I moved them and feel they work as a bench and storage for seasonal items.  AND to take it one step further I had to put some color there.  I moved a pillow from the bed and found the other two at Pier 1. 

I did follow through with the dresser additions to put my everyday jewelry at the end of the day.

 I got the little red bowl from Anthropologie and found the silver tray at Target in the dinnerware section.  I emptied the tray for a pretty picture, but it usually has bobby pins, something William was trying to eat and random lists and receipts.


The nightstands were a splurge from Pier 1.  A splurge to us but a savings when you compare the cost to some of the other stores.  A two or three drawer nightstand would have given us more hidden storage, but I added a basket underneath to hold some magazines and feel it works.

I'm really in love with it!  The area below is what I almost didn't show you, but now you'll know why I have lingering ideas.  The plant stand needs to go and has already been taken down by William, and the dresser across from the bed is just a placeholder.  But for now it works.  


We do need to find some sort of laundry hamper and because my shoes will remain upstairs some of the everyday favs need a home.  And where do you hang your purse?  There never has been a good spot for it.  Ideas?


Here are my other posts about the bed and  DIY nailhead headboard.  Enjoy!

Thank you for letting me share this with you.  I really do love decorating our home and have enjoyed documenting it here.  I wish I knew what my nursery looked like or how my parents first decorated their home.  The digital world sure has helped with that.  Whether they want to or not, my kids will get to see it.  And I too can see how my taste evolves over the years:)

Sharing with:

XOXO

Aubrey


9 comments:

  1. that is just lovely. I really love the greys and pops of color. my favorite, though, is the chandelier. That is sooo fabulous! i found you through debbie doo's :) I'm hosting a link part on my blog for finishing unfinished projects. If you have one you'd like to link up, please join us! http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/04/ufo-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY LOVE your master bedroom makeover. The colors are fabulous. Your inspiration room was pretty, but I have to say you done better than the inspiration. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the beautiful comment. And thank you for hosting a great party, found it through pinterest!

      Delete
  3. Testing testing:)
    Looks amazing, BHG here she comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room! There are so many things I love about your makeover but my favorite would have to be the drapes. The fabric on the top ties the whole room together. Wonderful job! (Newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so great! Especially in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aubrey, your master bedroom is beautiful! I love the Rainwashed paint color in here. Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out beautifully! I love the fabric on the floral pillow on your bed and I think it's the same on the tops of your curtains. Do you mind sharing what the fabric is or where you got the pillow? I'm looking for something similar to jazz up my living room which has gone very neutral recently. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this room (yours) is just crazy good. I think it's the first time ever the so-called ins
    piration room is but a pale copy of the completed knockoff! Pale, droopy grommeted curtains ( inspiration room) C'mon. . . your drapes are WAY better! And so is everything else. Great job.

    ReplyDelete